If you are an author, an emerging author, or even an entrepreneur with a great idea for a book, then you want to know how to harness the power of social media to grow your audience.
One of the biggest mistakes I see authors make when creating their author platform is that they wait until AFTER the book is written to start thinking about how to market and sell their book. Unfortunately, that is almost too late. Why? Because so much of the outcome of your book marketing is wrapped up in how you started your book writing process to begin with. It is important that you get crystal clear on your target audience for your book. Ask questions like, who is going to buy and read your book? What do you want as a result of writing this book? Are you looking for speaking engagements? Do you want people to rally around your cause or organization? Do you want people to make a purchase? These questions are essential to the success of your social media campaign for your book.
On the other hand, if you did not go through those steps from the very beginning, it is possible to create a strategy after the fact. And that is why I am so glad that my friend and colleague, Sharvette Mitchell, Web Designer and Social Media Coach, was able to join me and 20 others on a special teleclass tonight called Social Media Hacks for Authors.
Some of my favorite tips she shared this evening on the call include:
- Add your website link to your social media bio. People want an opportunity to connect with you, not just your Twitter profile.
- Connect with Facebook groups that are relevant to the topic of your book. Find authentic opportunities to share your book with people in these groups. If you want to be a super star, you can start your own Facebook group and build a community of people who are seeking your expertise.
- You don’t have to go far to find relevant content to share multiple times a day on social media. Your content can include pictures of your book cover, your latest events, funny takeaways from your everyday life, or even positive book reviews from Amazon.
There is so much more that Sharvette was able to share in this call. Please take a moment to listen to this call, then IMPLEMENT 2 to 3 tips that most resonated with you. Remember, stop waiting until you have everything together before you start marketing your book and your business on social media. Each step you take forward will get you to your next client who is praying for the very thing you have to offer.
Author Solution: Do you want to know if your social media presence is helping or hurting your book sales? Do you need guidance on how to create an author platform that will make your expertise shine? Then purchase an Author Platform Assessment, a one hour 1-on-1 consultation to help you attract readers that are ready to buy your products and services.
Latest posts by Halona Black (see all)
- How to Effectively Attract Clients with Case Studies - October 17, 2016
- #LISTEN: Katrena Friel, Serial Entrepreneur + Best Selling Author - May 10, 2016
- #LISTEN: Tambra Raye Stevenson, Founder of WANDA - May 10, 2016