What am I Writing This Month?
My Book Writing Process
- Target book publishing date: January 1, 2015
- How many people do I want to interview: 10 wellness professionals, 5 to 10 women with fibroids.
- Make a list of the 10 wellness professionals I want to interview. What makes each individual special?
- Construct a personal email to each of the wellness professionals.
- Send the emails and begin organizing interviews.
- Announce the book to my email list and ask for people who may want to be interviewed.
- Ask my list for pre-orders for only $5.
- Begin crafting the book as I complete each interview.
Will You Join Me for WNFIN?
- Teach your readers how to complete a process from start to finish.
- Take your most popular blog post or posts and use that as a starting point for a book.
- Tell a story or stories about how you were able to solve a problem for your client.
- Got materials from a presentation or workshop? Turn that into a book!
- Interview leaders in your field about their personal business secrets. Transcribe them and make a book.
- Share your favorite holiday recipes along with tips for healthful eating during the most stressful time of year.
- Answer the most popular questions your clients have about how you can make their lives better.
The only way to write your book is to put one foot in front of the other, carve out the time in your schedule to get some stuff done, and just write. There’s no magic fairy dust. You just have to sit and do the work.
I will be sure to update on my journey to publishing my second book.
What are you writing this month?
Halona transitioned into writing about health and wellness after having surgery for uterine fibroids. She turned to blogging once again, sharing her personal journey towards learning how to cook healthy meals, addressing body image issues, and creating a self care regimen. The blog turned into her first best selling book, “Loving My Fibroids Away: A 10-Day Detox Plan.”
Today, Halona combines her love for healthy food and wellness in an online magazine – GarlicAndLemonsMag.com. She shares recipes and healthy living tips for women age 40+. She also advises natural health brands and fellow independent creators on personal brand development, content strategy, and book publishing via DigitalWellPublisher.com.
Latest posts by Halona Black (see all)
- What Are Your Business Marketing Goals for 2018? - January 3, 2018
- How to Sell More Books with Podcast Interviews - December 17, 2017
- Your Problem Isn’t Lack of Book Sales — Here’s the Real Issue - December 1, 2017