What I love about working with health and wellness professionals is that they all came to their line of work with a personal story of transformation. Some of them have made small changes that made a big difference in their quality of life. Others have been able to find relief from debilitating conditions their doctors told them they would have to suffer through for the rest of their lives. Whether they are herbalists, nutritionists, chiropractors, or a host of other professions, they all have such important stories to share.
As a self published author who writes about women’s health and healthy eating, I have learned first hand the power of packaging my message into a book that impacts other readers from across the globe. I regularly get emails from readers in Zimbabwe, India, UK, etc. — all of them seeking some kind of support for their hormonal health problems. Even though I wrote the book over a year ago, it still baffles me how I was able to take my own experiences with poor health and turn it into what some women have called a life changing tool. I was able to turn my message into a movement.
Do you have a message you want to share with the world?
If you believe you have a book within you that needs to finally be born, I want to help you bring it to fruition. I wrote a series of blog posts on my own self publishing journey for Inkwell Editorial, an authority site on freelance writing careers. I want to provide you with the links to my posts so you can give them a read.
- How to Market Your Self Published Ebook (Part I): One Freelance Writer Shares the Biggest Mistakes She’s Made
- How to Market Your Self Published Ebook (Part II): Bootstrapping It — Putting Together a Low Cost/No Cost Plan
- How to Market Your Self Published Ebook (Part III): How to Sell More Books on Amazon
- How to Market Your Self Published Ebook (Part IV): How to Effectively Use Your Blog to Sell More Ebooks
Are you on my email list?
Subscribe to my list and receive my free resource,
Halona transitioned into writing about health and wellness after having surgery for uterine fibroids. She turned to blogging once again, sharing her personal journey towards learning how to cook healthy meals, addressing body image issues, and creating a self care regimen. The blog turned into her first best selling book, “Loving My Fibroids Away: A 10-Day Detox Plan.”
Today, Halona combines her love for healthy food and wellness in an online magazine – GarlicAndLemonsMag.com. She shares recipes and healthy living tips for women age 40+. She also advises natural health brands and fellow independent creators on personal brand development, content strategy, and book publishing via DigitalWellPublisher.com.
Latest posts by Halona Black (see all)
- What Are Your Business Marketing Goals for 2018? - January 3, 2018
- How to Sell More Books with Podcast Interviews - December 17, 2017
- Your Problem Isn’t Lack of Book Sales — Here’s the Real Issue - December 1, 2017