If you have ever wanted to create a course using your book content — or even just your book idea — then you want to pay attention to today’s post. I just hosted a wonderful teleclass with the awesome Janet Kafadar, an Online Course Specialist. She works with coaches, speakers, and experts like yourself who are ready to touch more lives using an online course.
Why an online course?
I love courses because they allow you a fantastic opportunity to go more in-depth into what your clients need from you. Think about it… While you may have some wonderful books in your library, you may not have fully grasped some of the concepts until you further engaged with the content. This can include…
- having a discussion about the book with your friends
- reflecting on your thoughts and feelings using written journal exercises
- watching other videos about the topic
- creating a project based on what you learned in the book
- use acronyms to help you remember complicated terminology (…anyone remember, “Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally,” when learning order of operations in middle school???)
Honestly, creating courses (much like writing a good book), can get a bit complicated if you don’t have the right support system in place to do it right the first time.
If you have questions like…
- What should I do first — the book, or the course?
- When is the right time to create and release a new course?
- Should my course be a short challenge, a live course, or even pre-recorded course?
…then you definitely want to stop what you are doing and listen to Janet’s teleclass on How to Create Your First Online Course Using Your Book Content — RIGHT NOW!
Janet was also gracious enough to share some goodies. You can grab her free Course Creation Starter Kit & Planner.
If you know that you are ready to move forward with your course, I highly advise that you connect with Janet Kafadar in her Facebook group and request a 1-on-1 session with her.