Listen to this episode:
Today’s podcast guest is a husband and wife team, Kuroji and Chenniah Patrick of JhaZamoraS Publishing and creator of children’s books and merchandise that focus on healthy families and relationships.
Before you dismiss this podcast episode because you’re not into children’s books, let me stop you right now. This episode is not really about children’s books as it is more ,about creating a successful marketing strategy for your book business. Kuroji and Chenniah were quite generous with the information they shared — all of it which they learned through old fashioned trial and error. Here are a few of the nuggets of wisdom you will hear in this episode:
- how researching your target audience can save you time and money
- how to sell bulk book orders to large organizations
- why they chose NOT to use Amazon to market and sell their books
- how meeting readers in person helps to sell more books
- ideas for selling merchandise outside of your book
What I love about Kuroji and Chenniah is that they represent the best of what it means to be a small business owner. Rather than choosing to chase after quick internet riches, they do the activities that help them build relationships with people who will buy from them for years. So while they may not make money up front from all their marketing activities, they understand that they are building a legacy that goes beyond a few dollars earned in an online scheme.
So take a listen and let me know what you think!
Halona transitioned into writing about health and wellness after having surgery for uterine fibroids. She turned to blogging once again, sharing her personal journey towards learning how to cook healthy meals, addressing body image issues, and creating a self care regimen. The blog turned into her first best selling book, “Loving My Fibroids Away: A 10-Day Detox Plan.”
Today, Halona combines her love for healthy food and wellness in an online magazine – GarlicAndLemonsMag.com. She shares recipes and healthy living tips for women age 40+. She also advises natural health brands and fellow independent creators on personal brand development, content strategy, and book publishing via DigitalWellPublisher.com.
Latest posts by Halona Black (see all)
- What Are Your Business Marketing Goals for 2018? - January 3, 2018
- How to Sell More Books with Podcast Interviews - December 17, 2017
- Your Problem Isn’t Lack of Book Sales — Here’s the Real Issue - December 1, 2017